Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Choosing alternative for coffee

My parents were coffee drinker and so was I. I started drinking coffee at age 11 and my parents appeared to have no choice but to allow me otherwise I won’t be eating my breakfast. At least it was still 1 cup a day but eventually became 2-3 cups when I joined the university and started working. I chose to drink coffee than milk first of all because of its stimulating taste, secondly the aroma which is coffee’s unique signature and thirdly the common reason keeps you stirring especially when you need to burn the midnight candle. The benefit of antioxidants it contains was never part of my reason besides I didn’t care about coffee’s composition. Coffee was part of my daily life until I was advised by the doctor to stop it because of my GERD (acid reflux disease) . The caffeine it contains will make my ailment worst.
It was crucial at first choosing for an alternative because milk and chocolate drinks were also part of the list that I should avoid. Since GERD is an annoying illness I did my best to follow the doctor and fortunately found a great alternative for coffee which is Chamomile Tea. Amazingly, it doesn’t only provide me a stress-free feeling but also gradually eliminating my heartburn due to acid reflux.

It was definitely a brilliant choice.
(Celestial Seasonings and Twinings chamomile tea are my brands.)

THE BENEFITS OF CHAMOMILE TEA
Chamomile (Matricaria recutita ) is a member of the daisy family. It has a calming quality and is widely used to relieve anxiety, caffeine withdrawal, hyperactivity, insomnia, pain and stress. Chamomile is also an excellent digestive tonic helping to relieve colic, flatulence, indigestion and irritable bowel. Some European hospitals serve it to calm patients and it is said to prevent nightmares. Many women use chamomile as a successful remedy to relax menstrual cramps.















No comments: